Drupal 7, the friendly management platform and powerful content to build virtually any type of website, from blogs and micro-sites to collaborative social communities.
- Flexible content
- You can define custom fields that may be used in content types, users, comments, terms and others. Store data in those fields in SQL, NoSQL or use remote storage.
- Best design templates
- You control exactly what is displayed with the new Render API and hooks for some drastic changes. The new module provides RDF semantic markup for the web.
- Management screens are now much more accessible. Abundant interface improvements will help build highly accessible web pages.
- Images and files
- The image support in content are now incorporated in the core. Generate different versions for thumbnails, previews and other styles of images. Now you can use the private and public efforts of files at the same time.
- Automatic Testing code
- A new automated testing environment with more than 30,000 tests included allows continuous integration testing all patches to Drupal core and contributed modules.
- Support improved database
- A new abstraction layer database provides support for SQLite, MySQL / MariaDB and PostgreSQL out-of-the-box. You can install contributed to use MS SQL Server, Oracle, and modules.
- Better support for distributions
- Use installation profiles to distribute your customized product based on Drupal. A new API and exportable setting allows you to capture more options in code.
- Thanks to a huge community effort, over 800 modules are available or under active development for Drupal 7, including Views, Pathauto, and WYSIWYG, with many others on the way out daily.